- What is SHARCNET?
- How do I contact SHARCNET / get help?
- What is required to obtain a SHARCNET account?
- How do I apply for an account?
- Where can I find further information?
What is SHARCNET?
SHARCNET stands for Shared Hierarchical Academic Research Computing Network. Formally established in 2001, SHARCNET is the largest high performance computing consortium in Canada, including 18 universities, colleges and research institutes across southwestern, central and northern Ontario.
How do I contact SHARCNET / get help?
For general inquiries, contact the SHARCNET main office.
What is required to obtain a SHARCNET account?
Anyone who would like to use SHARCNET may apply for an account. There are two main account types:
- primary accounts are available for faculty at Canadian institutions; non-Canadian faculty and/or non-academic users may be approved by the Scientific Director
- sponsored accounts are available to students, postdocs and research fellows, these accounts must be sponsored by a primary account holder
Further information concerning account requirements can be found here.
How do I apply for an account?
Please see this link for detailed instructions on how to apply for a SHARCNET account.
Where can I find further information?
We recommend using our search function, which can be found at the top right-hand corner of this webpage. You may also wish to visit our comprehensive Online Training Centre. It contains numerous articles, self-directed tutorials, and our Knowledge Base, which has answers to many common (and not-so-common) questions and problems.