This seminar will take an introductory look at how to load and use the additional performance development tools provided by the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Cluster Edition available on Graham compute cluster.
When used as part your HPC daily workflow, these tools can greatly improve code development optimization outcomes and the time required to perform this work, ultimately reducing code execution runtimes when used in conjunction with the Intel compilers and MKL, IPP, TBB, DAAL, MPI performance libraries. The tools to be introduced are:
- Intel Advisor – Optimize Vectorization and Thread Prototyping for C, C++, Fortran
- Intel Inspector – Easy-to-use Memory and Threading Error Debugger for C, C++, Fortran
- Intel Vtune Amplifier – Serial/Threaded Performance Profiler for C, C++, Fortran, Mixed Python
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector – Understand MPI application behavior for C, C++, Fortran, OpenSHMEM
- Intel Distribution for Python – High-performance Python powered by native Intel Performance Libraries