The annual fall workshop on scientific and high performance computing will be hosted at
the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario from October 16 to 19 2006
in conjunction with the SHARCNET Annual General Meeting 2006.
The three day workshop will be held at the Davis Centre and the
Mathematics Building (for workshop labs).
The annual fall workshops have become a tradition of SHARCNET since 2001.
The workshops provide a learning opportunity and a forum for the SHARCNET
researcher community in the area of scientific and high performance computing.
The 2006 Workshop will focus on computational theory, programming techniques
and examples of applications. The workshop will provide the audience with
an opportunity of learning and sharing the knowledge and experience
in high performance computing on platforms with the latest technologies.
Highlights of the themes:
- Programming techniques for scientific and high performance computing.
- Parallel programming using C++.
- Debugging parallel programs on clusters.
- Threaded programming using POSIX threads and OpenMP.
- Topics on computational theory and practice.
- Experience with real, application problems.
University of Waterloo
Registration is required and can be done online.
The following is the fee schedule (tax included):
|Non academic attendees:
Coffee, refreshments and lunches will be provided.
© 2006 Shared Hierarchical Academic Research Computing Network